Sewing Classes and Lessons

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Cocoon Sweater Wrap from Butterick 6065

 Here is a fun, easy and satisfying project for you!  I call it a Cocoon Wrap, and it is from Butterick 6065.

This is so easy, it is literally only two pattern pieces:  the main body, and the neckband.

I used a novelty Missoni type sweater fabric.  I'm not sure what is in it, but it has all of my favorite fall colors.

This is so comfortable!

I can't wait for it to turn chilly enough to wear it!

Since my fabric was very loosely woven, I hemmed it with a satin bias strip.  But you could just narrow hem it if your fabric is closely woven.


My 21 year old daughter wants one.  How cool is that?

Happy Sewing!  

Ann

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sweater - you picked the perfect pattern for that fabric. It is so cool your daughter wants one, we moms know the garment is a winner when they ask for one, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori. Yes, it's nice to have that vote of confidence from a younger generation!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Looks so cozy and perfect for the cooler months of the year. I like too how it's colorful - I seem to wear a lot of darker blacks & greys that time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa. I have a lot of black and grey too- that's why I thought I'd punch it up this year with a little more color.

      Delete
  3. This is SO nice. I think this pattern may be my fall cardi. I really love it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I would love to hear your opinions! Please share your comments here.

Sew, what's new? Patterns, Ann's projects and more!