Skip to main content

Amazing Ottobre Woman Index 2006-2015

If you are a long time Ottobre Woman subscriber, you probably know the feeling of going through all of your old issues to find just the right style to suit you at a particular moment  It can be a little confusing, flipping back and forth, comparing one thing to another.

Alice Hall from Abilene, TX  has come up with a solution!  She has taken the time to compile all of the Ottobre line drawings from 2006-2015 by specific garment type.  It's fantastic!  Now I can just thumb through this, instead of going through 10 years of magazines!  She's organized it by garment type, fabric type and even by sleeve type!  Alice has given me permission to share her work with you.  She would like for everyone who is interested to have access to the index so they can see how great Ottobre patterns are!  Here are a couple of pages from it for you to see, but there are many, many more!

Alice created it in Powerpoint because it is easy to move photos around. You can find the Powerpoint file here.  If you have Powerpoint, you can save a copy to your computer and make changes to reflect the issues that you own.  If you don't have Powerpoint, I've converted her original file to a PDF file, and you can download the PDF file here.

If you want to print it, just be sure to select Landscape mode as the pages are laid out horizontally. There are 34 pages.



Many thanks to Alice for the many hours that she spent compiling this information!  Alice doesn't have a blog herself, but if you'd like to leave her a comment here, I'll make sure she sees it!

Happy Sewing!

Ann

Comments

  1. Oh Alice, that is a treasure trove you've created! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Can you tell how excited I am? I truly appreciate all the work you put forth to make this. I have all but one OW and all the OK issues except the first one, however I stopped subscribing in 2012 because my kids are getting so big and I would rather sew for myself. I miss OK and keep thinking I should resubscribe.

    Thank you Ann for sharing this gem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG--Thank you! This is great!

    Rose in SV

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ann for making it available, and thank you very much Alice for the work you put in there


    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Alice for putting this index together! And thank you Ann for making it available to the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    thank you for this amazing work,
    have nice Holidays!
    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  7. How great is that? Thanks a lot!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most important post thanks for awesome shearing. please check out this related site.
    Amazing Powerpoint Templates

    ReplyDelete
  9. BY FABRIC TYPE! Alice, you rock! It's easy enough to print out the pdfs from the website so I don't have to look through each issue, but keeping track of knits versus woven is a bit harder. Thanks for doing the hard work, Alice. And thanks for sharing this, Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this amazing blog post! :) I totally need to get ob 5/2012 and sew that jacket! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks much ! what an amazing work you've done !

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks much ! what an amazing work you've done !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - Can't tell you how much I appreciate all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Alice for sharing all your hard work with the rest of us. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. THANKS A LOT!! Amazing job you have done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much! This is so helpful!!!!
    Lina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I would love to hear your opinions! Please share your comments here.

Popular posts from this blog

What to Wear in Madagascar

To be honest, I have no idea what to wear in Madagascar, and this title may need to be changed to "what NOT to wear in Madagascar" in a few months.  We will have to wait and see.  My 22 year old daughter, Alyssa, left for the Peace Corps this week, and she will be stationed in Madagascar for the next 2 years and 3 months.  Yes, you read that right- TWO YEARS and three months!!! We are very proud of her for wanting to help make the world a better place, and for being fearless in doing so, but it will be a looooong time for Mama and Papa back home. Not knowing anything about Madagascar, the first step in figuring out what to pack was to figure out the weather and the cultural norms.  Madagascar is a very large island off the southeastern coast of Africa.  It's very, very unique in it's ecosystem, and has many species that are not found anywhere else in the world- most famously lemurs. Right now, it is experiencing it's rainy season, as you can see by the

Vogue 9305 Asymmetrical Tunics

It's April and we're expecting snow tonight.  Have we switched hemispheres?  Nevertheless, I am sewing with visions of warm sunny days.  And for those warm sunny days to come, I imagine sitting in the shade with a light breeze flowing through the air, enjoying a light beverage with friends.  Just close your eyes and you can imagine too.  What would you be wearing?  Well,  I love a dramatic asymmetrical tunic made of the softest linen.  As luck would have it, I found just the fabric in the "As Is" section in Fabric Mart's sales category.  With just some irregular dye marks on the selvage, it was marked down, but still completely usable.  It started out as a solid color, but I did an ombre dip dye process to get this look- more on that later! For my pattern, I chose Vogue 9305 , a tunic with a shaped hemline, and two styles of pants (I didn't make the pants).   This pattern must be the biggest bang for your time possible.  The tunic went tog

Grey Cashmere Coat Simplicity 3672

For the past few months, Fabric Mart has had the most gorgeous array of Michael Kors Wool Blend Coatings that I have ever seen!  During COVID stay at home time, I've been letting my gray grow out, and I thought that even though some of the delicious sounding shades like apricot and apple green would be beautiful, the heathered gray shade would be the most flattering to my gray hair and the most versatile for a winter coat.  And it was one of the coatings that listed Cashmere as one of the fiber components, so I was curious as to how that would feel.