|Line drawing from magazine|
|The dress on me.|
But before the summer got away, I managed to trace the pattern, and I chose a gorgeous rayon knit print to make it with.
I eliminated the back center seam, but otherwise made a straight size 42.
The front ruching is done with a length of elastic, but the instructions were pretty vague about how much to use, and where to put it.
I measured the front seam, and cut a piece of 1/4" wide elastic 3/4 the length of the seam.
Then I zigzagged it to the seam starting just below the facing, and ending just above the hem allowance. It seemed to work pretty well.
You can see the final results on me here.
On me, the neckline dipped below where my bra shows, so I would have to wear it with a cami.
If I made it again, I would make a size smaller at the shoulders to try to prevent that.
|The dress on Mariah|
My assistant, Mariah, tried it on too.
It fit her perfectly throughout, and I thought she looked amazing in it.
The front neckline didn't dip so low on her, and the dress really showed off her curves.
Even though Mariah and I have different body types, I think that this dress looks great on both!
Mariah has an upcoming wedding to go to, so I decided to give this dress to her, and I'll have to come up with a different fabric for one for me
The dress took me about 1 hour to trace the pattern and cut, and two hours to sew, so it is a quick and fun project to do.
The pattern magazine is currently on sale at SewBaby, so grab it while you still can!
|Mariah and I together.|