Zigzag Chiffon and Reindeer Tunics


Hope that you all have had a great Thanksgiving and have found some great Black Friday deals!  I've done a little shopping, but I really couldn't wait to get back to sewing the rest of the tunics in my sewing queue.

I used Butterick 5355 and a silk chiffon from Anna Sui for this zigzaggy tunic.  This pattern is so easy.  The neckband is finished with single fold bias tape.

I love this fabric.  It has bands of black, white and light green on each side of the aqua/forest green.   With careful cutting, I was able to get the sleeve zigzag print to line up with the front and back.  So comfy!  I'm sure I will make this pattern again.


And for tunic top #4, I decided to get in the holiday spirit with this reindeer silk/wool gauze from Anna Sui.  At least I think it is a reindeer.  I can't be sure, as there also seem to be giraffes on the same print.  This was a really unusual fabric.   It had two panels to it, but each were too short to be a skirt or top by themselves.  I decided that Kwik Sew pattern 3676 would be a great base for this, as the front and back pieces have the cap sleeve attached to it, so I wouldn't have to break up the print to add a little sleeve.  I used the shorter length without the band, to make it tunic length. I also cut the neckline a little deeper so that any t-shirt that I wore underneath it would show.   Here is the result!

4 comments

  1. I have several of the fabrics you used to make your tunics; the zigzag print, the reindeer print and the velvet burnout. They are all aging in my stash until inspiration hits. I really enjoy seeing how others use fabrics I have also purchased. Your tunics are lovely, all of them. I especially like the zigzag one and how you used the darker colors on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Audrey.
    I can't wait to see what you make out of your fabric. I'm sure whatever you make will be gorgeous. I guess we are both Fabric Mart fans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - I'm totally loving that Anna Sui fabric... and what you did with it. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shanghaicowgirl,
    I got it from Fabricmartfabrics.com, but I don't think they have any more of it! Keep checking with them though, because they get a lot of Anna Sui fabrics regularly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I would love to hear your opinions! Please share your comments here.